Everyone needs a place to call home—a safe haven and shelter from the storm, a place to settle and be nurtured. The YWCA has designed several services that address this need and help women and their families find their place in the world.
Thanks to KW2 and their Goodstock event for creating this video.
- Empower Home provides safe, affordable and supportive transitional housing for women survivors of domestic violence, who are homeless or in need of transitional housing to flee a domestic violence situation.
- Children's Programs provide supervised activities, field trips, and holiday events on weekday evenings for young children living in the Third Street and Family Shelter Programs
- The Family Shelter provides shelter for up to 90 days to homeless families with children. Participants are referred to the shelter through the Housing Crisis Hotline.
- Family Housing Stability is a shelter diversion program providing homeless families with short term case management services and a small amount of rent assistance for permanent housing as needed.
- House-ability provides permanent housing for homeless families who have requested shelter and have at least one disabled adult.
- Housing For Single Women: The YWCA Madison’s downtown location features affordable apartments for low-income, single women, providing a safe and supportive permanent home in the heart of Madison.
- Rapid Rehousing is a one-year program providing families with rent assistance for permanent housing and supportive case management services.
- Second Chance Apartment Project: Through this program, homeless families are established in transitional, affordable housing with supportive services.
- Third Street provides affordable apartments, a safe neighborhood for families, and support services for single female-headed families with one or two children, birth to four years old, or women in their last trimester of pregnancy.
Visit the program pages or call the Housing Director at 608.257.1436, option 2, to learn more about applying for YWCA housing.
Read our Housing Consumer Notice