Third Street offers you and your child
- Smoke-free environment
- Air conditioning
- Building security 24 hours a day
- Furnished apartments
- Laundry facilities
- Lounges with TV and cable
- Community playroom for children
- Affordable rent, with utilities included
- Playgroups staffed by volunteers
- Support and counseling from Program Staff
- Computers with internet access on each floor
- Loan "library" of books, tapes, movies, baby equipment, toys, etc.
- Community phones 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. with private voice mail.
What is Expected of Third Street Participants
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings/activities and family-style dinner
- Participate in occasional outings and events
- Clean and maintain the common areas on a rotating basis
- Participate in regular apartment inspections
- Participate in regular reviews with the Program Staff to set goals
- Participate in community programming: school, employment, training, therapy, treatment or volunteer activities
- Follow the rules established by women in the program
- Single mother with one or two children birth to four years old, or in the last trimester of pregnancy.
- Minimum age of 18
- Income sufficient to pay rent
- Motivation to pursue goals
- Interest in the program
- Ability to parent your child
- Ability to maintain stability
- Ability to maintain apartment and common areas
- Participation in the Second Chance Workshop if no stable housing history
- Ability to make a six month commitment
- Meet low/moderate income guidelines
2017 Rent Prices as of October 1
1 bedroom apartments: $425.month
2 bedroom apartments: $500/month
How to Apply
Please call Nancy at 608-257-1436, option 2 at the beginning of each month to inquire about potential openings and to schedule application appointments.
Download a Third Street application.
Solicitud de Alojamiento