The YWCA Madison is looking for highly-dependable and motivated individuals to work part-time (5 to 15 hours per week) as drivers for the YW Transit Program. Shifts vary from 2 to 7 hours in length, and are available potentially 24-hours/day, including overnights and early mornings. Starting wage is $12.83/hour with a $.50 night differential.
- Support the YWCA mission of eliminating racism and empowering women
- A valid Wisconsin Driver’s License (non-probationary, held at least nine 9 years), good driving record, and be insurable
- Be at least 25 years of age
- Be able to pass a caregiver background check and Motor Vehicle Record screening
- Experience in transporting people is beneficial, and basic knowledge of the Dane County area is expected
- Have a stable work history with excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to read and understand maps and route schedules
- No specific level of education is required, but a high school education is preferred
- Be able to pass an initial drug screening and random screening during employment
People of color and/or those bilingual/bicultural in English and Spanish are encouraged to apply. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. No e-mails please. No calls please, except to confirm receipt of application materials. AA/EOE
- Complete an employment application.
- Complete a supplemental questionnaire.
- Complete a Motor Vehicle Record Release and Authorization Form
Return all materials by mail to: YWCA Madison, Attn: Human Resources, 101 E. Mifflin Street, Suite 100, Madison, WI 53703 OR by fax to 608.257-1439. Application accepted until filled.
- YW Transit collects Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) release forms at the time of application. MVRs are removed from the application and are screened for insurability on the YW Transit policy. Insurable candidates’ applications are then forwarded for screening.Only complete applications will be considered. Please only submit single-sided copies of application materials.