YWCA is looking for a highly qualified individual to fill an Accounting Assistant position. This position is responsible for assisting the Chief Financial Officer in the accounting, payroll preparation and accounts payable for the YWCA Madison and YWCA Madison Housing, LLC. The ideal candidate will have experience in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel. The ideal candidate will also be organized, detail oriented and is capable to work as a team member as well as without direct supervision. Hourly wage range is $16.00-$18.00 with great benefit package.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Responsibilities may include:
- Compiles invoices and vendor documents after program approval to prepare for payment.
- Investigates issues raised by vendors.
- Prepares checks for payment or electronic payment for authorized expenditures.
- Prepares deposits for bank after receptionist compiles the check receipt log.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Prepares revenue invoicing for housing rents in coordination with the Operations Director, YW Transit in coordination with the YW Transit Coordinator and other YWCA Madison programs as assigned.
- Monitors account payables and accounts receivables.
- Compiles data for cost allocation of indirect costs.
- Payroll preparation using a third-party vendor, tracking of leave time, resource for staff with payroll questions.
- Prepares intercompany transactions including payroll allocations and due to/due from.
- Prepares year end 1099 for rental payments and miscellaneous payments.
- Maintains excel schedules of special purpose including program paid rents, grant receivables, restricted grant funds and others as needed.
- Reconciles the accounting general ledger revenue to Raiser’s Edge database amounts.
- Assist with preparing excel schedules and data analysis on projects.
- Assists with month end closing and year end closings.
- Filing of vendor invoices, journals, back up and other accounting materials.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Candidates should support the mission of the YWCA: eliminating racism and empowering women; demonstrate multicultural competency and the ability to work with diverse populations. People of color and individuals bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply. Must pass a caregivers background check.
Preference will be given to applications received by Friday, February 17, 2017. Applications accepted until position filled. No e-mails please. AA/EOE.
Job Description and Benefits
- Complete an employment application.
- Complete a supplemental questionnaire.
- Submit a cover letter addressing your commitment to the YWCA mission and each of responsibilities, qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities described in the position description.
- Submit a résumé.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Return all materials by mail to: YWCA Madison, Attn: Human Resources, 101 E. Mifflin Street, Suite 100, Madison, WI 53703 OR by fax to 608.257-1439.