2040 S Park St
Madison, WI 53713
Restorative Justice Summer Workshop Series
August 12, 2019; August 14, 2019; August 15, 2019 – Summer 2019 SERIES
YWCA Madison offers three-day professional development training workshops for educators, community members and parents.
Restorative Justice Workshops Descriptions
- Level 100: Restorative Justice Philosophy and the Experiential Circle Process
- The first day we will be focusing on the development of self-awareness and shared knowledge about the foundations of restorative justice philosophy and the experiential circle process as a tool to do anti-racist work and to cultivate empathy.
- Level 200: Restorative Justice as a Way to Dismantle Institutional Racism
- The Restorative Justice program is embedded in Racial Equity Justice. Through experiential and practical activities participants will ground the work and the philosophy using a racial justice lens. We will explore how Restorative Justice can disrupt the cycle of harm within the self, interpersonal, cultural, and structural levels in our society.
- Level 300: Restorative Justice In Education: Tools and Practices for a Holistic Restorative Approach
- In this workshop, we will explore and engage in dialogue around the framework of Restorative Justice in Education (Evans & Vaandering). Within this framework, Restorative Justice is deeply connected to teaching and learning theory, as well as to school climate and culture. We will also explore how RJ practices can be implemented in the institutional structure of a school and the classroom using PBIS Tiers framework.
All Restorative Justice Workshops sessions will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at YWCA Madison’s Empowerment Center located at 2040 S. Park Street. Purchased individually, each workshop is $170. Attend all three levels and save $150.
Register for the Restorative Justice Workshops is currently closed. To be notified about future workshop dates or if you have additional questions, please email Bill Baldon.