2040 S Park St
Madison, WI 53713
Restorative Justice in Education Training Series
August 9, 2021; August 11, 2021; August 12, 2021 – In-PERSON
We would like to invite you to join and participate in our Restorative Justice training series Summer 2021. This year our 3day training series will be offered in-person and in a virtual format as well. As always, we will be abiding by Public Health guidelines and recommendations which means our in-person training series are subjected to switch to virtual format if required.
Our interactive curricula and workshops continue to be alive, changing, evolving, and adjusting to the most recent research, best practices, and context.
During our three-day Restorative Justice journey, we will learn and unlearn many things including:
- Level 100: Restorative Justice Philosophy and the Experiential Circle Process
- YWCA experiential holistic framework, Values, Circle Process, and its different elements. Mindfulness as a restorative liberatory practice.
- Level 200: Restorative Justice as a Way to Dismantle Institutional Racism
- Culture, Power, timeline, and history of years of inequality, freedom, and abolitionist dreaming.
- Level 300: Restorative Justice In Education: Tools and Practices for a Holistic Restorative Approach
- What are Restorative and Transformative justice? We will also engage in learning about different universal restorative justice practices with a healing-centered engagement as a way to build healthy relationships, create just and equitable environments, and transform and repair conflict.
All Restorative Justice Workshops sessions will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at YWCA Madison’s Empowerment Center located at 2040 S. Park Street. The cost for the 3-day series is $360 general cost, $290 Student rate, and this training series is free for staff from our partner agencies, schools, and collaborators.
Registration for this Restorative Justice Training Series is currently closed.
Please feel free to email Eugenia Highland Granados, YWCA Restorative Justice Program Director at email@example.com for any questions or to be notified about future workshop dates.