Welcome to YWCA Madison Community
We invite you to learn more about the YWCA Madison by exploring our website. Looking for ways to connect with YWCA Madison?
Here are a few suggestions:
- Attend the Circle of Women Fundraiser held in February each year.
- Attend the Women of Distinction Awards in May.
- Become a Volunteer: Tutors, translators, fashion consultants, cooks, and more are needed. Complete the online volunteer application (the preferred method) or download a PDF of the application.
- Attend a Racial Justice Workshop. Workshops are held throughout the year.
- Attend the annual Racial Justice Summit held in October each year.
- Pay attention to local, state, and national government laws and policies. Advocate for policies that support women and families.
Connect with YWCA Madison
- Sign Up for YWCA News and Alerts
- Sign up for YWAct Advocacy Alerts
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Watch our videos on Vimeo or YouTube
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
Fill out our contact form or use our staff directory to contact the YWCA Madison.
Social Media Comment Policy
YWCA Madison seeks to be a community of inclusion. While we encourage fans to share thoughts and opinions on social media profiles managed by YWCA, we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner. YWCA Madison does not agree with or endorse every comment that individuals post on our social media profiles. Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and our policy is to accept the majority of comments made to our profile. As a 501 (3) tax-exempt organization, we cannot endorse political candidates. And, while we want to engage with people of all opinions, hate speech does not contribute to a constructive conversation.
A comment will be deleted if it contains:
- Political posts promoting a specific candidate, including events, links to websites, etc.,
- Hate speech,
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity,
- Nudity in profile pictures,
- Defamation to a person or people,
- Name calling and/or personal attacks,
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product,
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile,
- Other comments that the Social Media team deems inappropriate.
Repeated violations of the comment policy may cause the author to be blocked from YWCA social media spaces. We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech or respond politely.