YWCA Madison’s downtown location is home to over 110 women and families. The participants we serve at 101 E Mifflin St. are often some of the most vulnerable to emergency events such as COVID19. In an effort to ensure all residents have access to essential items and to minimize the need for residents to leave the building, we have put together the following list of our most critically needed items during this time:
- Gift cards to Woodman’s or Festival Foods (Both of these stores have remained well stocked and would allow Case Managers and/or Residents to address food insecurities, right away.)
- Baby formula (preferably Gerber brand, including sensitive diet and colic formulas)
- Baby wipes (no diapers needed at this time)
- Hand soap
- Body wash and moisturizer
- Shampoo and conditioner (especially formulas for natural hair)
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Cleaning supplies
- Non-perishable food (canned goods, pasta, cereal, etc).
Donation Location: YWCA Downtown | 101 East Mifflin Street | Suite 100 | Madison, WI 53703
Individuals delivering items on the list must set up a drop-off time with the front desk at 101 East Mifflin Street by calling 608-257-1436 option 2. The public does not have access to the building, social distancing strategies will be deployed in any donation exchange.
YWCA Madison has compiled an Emergency Needs “Wishlist” on Amazon to ensure all YWCA Madison residents and program participants have access to necessary food and personal items during the COVID19 Emergency. Items on this list will ship directly to YWCA Madison, (Select “Kayalyn’s registry: YWCA Madison” in check out/ address section.)