Contracted Community Rides
Are you a community organization or service provider looking for group transportation to/from a support group, community program, or event? YW Transit may be your solution!
YW Transit provides contracted rides for community agency programs. Coordinated Community Transportation:
- Bridges the gap, allowing community agencies to connect with their client base by providing affordable group transportation
- Transports passengers in 4 to 14 passenger vehicles.
- Provides booster and car seats upon request.
- Trains and retains a professional, culturally-competent staff.
- Partners with interpreter services to reach the broader community.
The service is available throughout Dane County.
For more information, including information about accessibility, please contact the YW Transit Manager: Ashley Moncrief at 608.257.1436, option 3.
JobRide is an innovative program that provides transportation for low-income people going to/from work.
- JobRide provides transportation to areas that are inaccessible during non-peak public transportation hours which include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- The service operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year. If applicants currently reside within a bus line and have access during service hours, we cannot accept their application for transportation.
- Ride priority and subsidized fares are provided to clients who are at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
- Clients above the income guidelines also benefit from a subsidized rate of $8/trip within the City of Madison, and $12/trip outside of Madison, but within Dane County.
- All rides must be pre-scheduled.
- YW Transit partners with the Guaranteed Ride Home program which provides taxi vouchers to ride share participants for emergencies.
Sexual Assault Prevention
YW Transit provides safe night rides for potential victims of sexual assault and those in domestic violence situations.
- Crisis calls are always prioritized.
- Operates 365 days a year from 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
- Coverage area includes the City and Town of Madison
- Rides are FREE to the community!!!
How it works
- Call us between 7 and 8 p.m. the night you need a ride.
- Leave a message. Staff will call you back by 8:45 p.m. each night.
- All sexual assault Prevention related rides are free.
We can’t guarantee rides, but we will offer them on a first-call, first-serve basis and prioritize crisis calls. Once we fill up our schedule for the night, unfortunately, we won’t be able to give you a ride; so call early!
For accessibility information, please contact the YW Transit Manager: Ashley Moncrief at 608.257.1436, option 3.
Enables seniors and people with disabilities and to access their communities and needed services.
YWCA Madison supports equity in transportation. Affordable and reliable transportation allows people with disabilities access to important opportunities in education, employment, health care, housing, and community life.
Please contact Ashley Moncrief at 608-257-1436, option 3 to discuss Specialized Transportation opportunities.