The Driver’s License Recovery Program is available to people working to reinstate suspended drivers’ licenses through partnerships with the court systems and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
How does the Driver’s License Recovery program work?
YWCA Madison offers an open Information Clinic, where you will get more information about your license suspension and steps you can take to get it reinstated. This initial meeting is to determine if you are eligible for enrollment. After this initial consultation, you may be placed on a waiting list to receive services if needed.
Any individual who has a suspended license because of:
- Unpaid traffic tickets in Dane County
- A Dane County child support lien
AND needs a license in order to meet basic needs such as:
- Getting to and from work/school
- Transporting children to and from childcare
- Obtaining a job that requires a license
* Persons with suspensions due only to DUIs or OWIs are not eligible. The program is unable to address revocations or any issues out of state.
WCA Driver’s License Information Clinic is offered two times per month. Additional clinics may be scheduled periodically:
- 2nd Wednesday of every month at the Job Center (1819 Aberg Avenue, Suite C) from 1:00-4:00p
- 4th Tuesday of every month at YWCA Madison (101 E. Mifflin Street) from 12:00-3:00p.
- 4th Thursday of every month by appointment only. Please call Aneesha at (608) 395-2188 to set up an appointment.
Intake appointments with the program coordinator usually take 10-15 minutes. Walk-ins are accepted unless otherwise indicated. Please note that info clinic hours may be changed or canceled due to circumstances such as holidays, staff vacation, or severe weather.
Intake Screening Form
Attending one of the info clinics listed above is strongly recommended. However, if you cannot make it to one of the clinics, please complete the intake form and drop it off at one of our locations (2040 S. Park Street or 101 E. Mifflin Street) or you can email it to email@example.com.
Questions? Email Aneesha or call (608) 257-1436, option 3