The Racial Justice Series is an opportunity for facilitated learning and unlearning in community with others to develop a foundational understanding of the System of Racial Inequity in the context of the United States, and the impact it has at the interpersonal, institutional, and structural levels.
Through the development of this critical consciousness, we can also begin to build practices that interrupt the racial narrative of white supremacy and support personal and collective liberation grounded in equity.
All sessions utilize multiple learning strategies, including: virtually facilitated learning experiences, interactive community building through an online platform, and self-directed learning, reflection, and processing outside of the facilitated experiences.
The sessions are designed in a progressive way, and an integral component of the experience is the shared dialogue participants have with fellow attendees. For this reason, it is required that participants plan to attend all of the sessions offered in the Series in order to receive the full benefit of this format.
Intentions for the Journey of the Racial Justice Series
- Co-develop the agreements and commitments to become a community of racial justice practice
- Explore intersectionality at the level of personal identity in context
- Learn about the origins of the construction of race and the ideology of white superiority
- Engage with the impact of the System of Racial Inequity across the dimensions of self, relationships, collective cultures, and societal structures
- Engage in empathic listening as a transformative practice
- Explore personal racialized identity development in the Context of the U.S.
- Explore the ways in which history and the system of racial inequity shapes dominant culture
- Identify internalized white dominant beliefs and behaviors in and around us, and reflect on the impact of its perpetuation
- Connect with the frame of Centering Blackness as a guiding compass to connect to practices to nurture mindsets, beliefs and behaviors rooted in liberation and justice
- Continue to engage in honest reflection about forms of white dominant culture as internalized and perpetuated by our own behaviors
- Build an ongoing reflection practice on how to live into values of Centering Blackness
- Learn about accountability as a holistic and relational practice of alignment with one’s racial justice values, healing and co-liberation
- Contextualize one’s own role, commitment and ongoing practice for racial justice within personal area of impact
Fees and Scholarships
The price to attend the Series is $250.
We want anyone to be able to access this opportunity for learning. If finances are a barrier for you to be able to attend, please contact Libby Tucci to connect about scholarship options. We are willing to work with you to come up with a plan that works for you. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
CHECK BACK FOR FUTURE OFFERINGS OF THE SERIES.
A Note on the Absence of a Fall Series in 2022:
The Race and Gender Equity Team is currently focusing on providing services to multiple organizational partners. Due to this directed use of energy, there will not be a public offering of the Racial Justice Series in 2022.
If you would like to be notified of the next time that the Racial Justice Series will be offered to the community, please email our Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the list of people we will communicate with at that time.