Honoring Today’s Leaders
YWCA Madison invites you, your organization, your firm, or your association to help make the 2023 Women of Distinction Awards extra special by nominating a deserving Woman of Distinction. Please consider the criteria listed below and think about the women you know whose work, volunteer contributions, and life makes a difference in our community. Thank you very much for taking the time to be a part of the 47th Annual Women of Distinction Leadership Awards. We are proud to have honored 251 women since the awards began in 1974.
Award Nomination Forms
Download a nomination and nominee support form or an alternative & creative submission form now: Nomination Form Word version, Support Form Word version. If you would like a paper copy mailed to you, please contact Jay Young at 608-257-1436, option 3. To aid you in completing the form, we have prepared a list of frequently asked questions. If you have additional questions, feel free to contact Jay.
Nominations for the 2023 Women of Distinction Leadership Awards are due no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 10, 2023.
Women of Distinction Award Criteria
The Women of Distinction Awards are presented to women who . . .
- Exhibit leadership skills in their field of expertise.
- Been a role model and/or mentor to other women and girls.
- Advocate for positive social change that helps close the leadership gap and create a more equitable society.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the YWCA mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
- Garnered respect within the community.
- Are dedicated to helping women and girls achieve their goals.
- Exhibit qualities of teamwork, integrity, and dedication.
- Reinforce policies, practices, attitudes, and/or actions that are intended to produce equitable outcomes for all.
- Give back to the community through their time, talent, and/or resources.
- Live, work, or volunteer in Dane County.
Women of Distinction Award
YWCA Madison presents the Women of Distinction Leadership Awards to women who represent outstanding achievement in their field of endeavor and whose achievements are supportive of the YWCA mission. Awards are presented to women who represent a diversity of race, age, occupation, and endeavor. This award is intended to recognize anyone who identifies as a woman.
Women of Distinction are selected by a committee of fifteen to twenty community leaders and YWCA board members who meet to consider nominations and make the final selections. Awardees and their nominators will be notified of selection in late March. YWCA will also notify the nominators of non-selected candidates. Nominees who are not selected during the first year they are nominated will be automatically considered for the second year.