YWCA MADISON’S STATEMENT ON COVID-19.
YWCA Madison is taking the health and wellbeing of our residents, staff, volunteers, and community very seriously with the arrival of the COVID-19 virus. We will get through this together by upholding our organizational values of Humanity, Community, Growth, and Restoration. Please understand that our staff is working hard right now to keep our residents’ needs met. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.
In the meantime, the best way you can help is to consider a donation to help YWCA Madison through this very challenging and uncertain time or visit our wishlist page.
Here is What We Are Doing: Updated on 6/22/2020
- The YWCA Empowerment Center at 2040 Park Street is entering its early phases of opening with minimal staffing. Any general calls for Empowerment Center staff can temporarily be directed to 608-205-8267.
- YWCA Madison is continuing to educate residents and staff on the importance of safety during this time.
- We have set up our downtown building to be prepared for the possible arrival of COVID-19, including a strict cleaning routine, plexi-glass barriers at the front desk, and asking all residents and staff to wear masks.
- Unless otherwise notified, any previously scheduled meetings will utilize virtual options such as conference calls, google hangouts, or Zoom. No outside meetings will be conducted in person until further notice.
- Volunteers are not being utilized at this time. However, Children’s Program will start back as of July 6, but will be held outdoors as weather permits.
- For phase 1, the number of visitors in the building will be limited (5 maximum at a time) as well as the amount of hours they will be allowed to visit (2 hours max/visitor). Residents will be limited to having one visitor. We are accepting delivery of critical items (medication, etc) to our residents. If items from our Wish List are delivered, we are asking that you call the front desk at (608) 257-1436, x 2. YWCA staff members will come to the door and retrieve the items.
- Transit program is running some routes. Drivers and riders are required to wear a mask while in vans. The interior of vans will be disinfected at the beginning and end of each route.
- If you have registered for a YWCA Madison event, you should have heard about a virtual option, cancellation or postponement. If you haven’t yet heard anything, that means we are still working through some details before reaching out. Thank you for your patience.
If there is something missing from this list, please be patient. YWCA Madison is a large organization with many aspects and people to consider. Rest assured, we are tackling each area of work as we are able, with our housing programs taking priority.