YWCA MADISON’S STATEMENT ON COVID-19.
YWCA Madison is taking the health and wellbeing of our residents, staff, volunteers, and community very seriously with the arrival of the COVID-19 virus. We will get through this together by upholding our organizational values of Humanity, Community, Growth, and Restoration. Please understand that our staff is working hard right now to keep our residents’ needs met. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.
Here is What We Are Doing
- The YWCA Empowerment Center at 2040 Park Street is closed at this time. Any general calls for Empowerment Center staff can temporarily be directed to 608-205-8267.
- Educating residents and staff on the importance of safety during this time.
- Setting up our downtown building to be prepared for the possible arrival of COVID-19.
- Any previously scheduled meetings will utilize virtual options such as conference calls, google hangouts, or Zoom. No outside meetings will be conducted in person until further notice.
- Volunteers are not being utilized at this time. Children’s program has been suspended until further notice.
- No visitors are to come to 101 E. Mifflin at this time, except for those delivering critical items (medication, etc) to our residents. If items from our Wish List are delivered, we are asking that you call the front desk at (608) 257-1436, x 2. YWCA staff members will come to the door and retrieve the items.
- At this time our Transit program is running, but routes are limited. We will follow the lead of Madison Metro in this regard.
- If you have registered for a YWCA Madison event, you should have heard about a cancellation or postponement. If you haven’t yet heard anything, that means we are still working through some details before reaching out. Thank you for your patience.
If there is something missing from this list, please be patient. YWCA Madison is a large organization with many aspects and people to consider. Rest assured, we are tackling each area of work as we are able, with our housing programs taking priority.