Our YW Transit services are back operational.
Contracted Community Rides
Are you a community organization or service provider looking for group transportation to/from a support group, community program, or event? YW Transit may be your solution!
YW Transit provides contracted rides for community agency programs. Coordinated Community Transportation:
- Bridges the gap, allowing community agencies to connect with their client base by providing affordable group transportation
- Transports passengers in 4 to 14 passenger vehicles.
- Provides booster and car seats upon request.
- Trains and retains a professional, culturally-competent staff.
- Partners with interpreter services to reach the broader community.
The service is available throughout Dane County.
For more information, including information about accessibility, please contact the Employment Services & Transit Director, Ashley Moncrief via email or at 608.257.1436, option 3.
JobRide is an innovative program that provides transportation for low-income people going to/from work.
- JobRide provides transportation to areas that are inaccessible during non-peak public transportation hours which include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- The service operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year. If applicants currently reside within a bus line and have access during service hours, we cannot accept their application for transportation.
- Ride priority and subsidized fares are provided to clients who are at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
- Clients above the income guidelines also benefit from a subsidized rate of $8/trip within the City of Madison, and $12/trip outside of Madison, but within Dane County.
- All rides must be pre-scheduled.
- YW Transit partners with the Guaranteed Ride Home program which provides taxi vouchers to rideshare participants for emergencies.
This program is funded in part by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) as authorized under 49 U.S.C. § 5311 Formula Grants of Other than Urbanized Areas (5311) (CFDA 20.509)
Enables seniors and people with disabilities to access their communities and needed services.
YWCA Madison supports equity in transportation. Affordable and reliable transportation allows people with disabilities access to important opportunities in education, employment, health care, housing, and community life.
Please contact Employment Services & Transit Director, Ashley Moncrief via email at 608-257-1436, option 3 to discuss Specialized Transportation opportunities.
Proud Partner With