YWCA Madison’s Race & Gender Equity programs support people and organizations to interrupt institutionalized racism and sexism while developing knowledge and skills to center, deepen and broaden equity and inclusion in their personal, professional, and organizational practices.
- Holistic: Learning and transformation is multilayered: taking place at the levels of the self, relationships, collective cultures (e.g. neighborhood, organization), as well as at the level of structural society (public policies supported by private actions).
- Restorative: Healing is rooted in the transformation of conflict into opportunities for personal, relational, collective and structural learning for co-liberation.
- Systemic: Learning and transformation needs to facilitate the understanding of how present inequities and racism are not isolated incidents but a result of multiple inequitable processes reinforcing each other.
- Collaborative: Learning and transformation is empowering when engaging people as co-creators of their own understandings and practice.
- Experiential: Embodied as well as emotional learning are as vital as content based learning for authentic and sustainable transformation.
Racial Justice Programs
Creating Equitable Organizations
We provide support to local organizations in a change process to transform their culture to center diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Deep Diversity® Institute
Transformational learning and capacity building for any organization committed to deepening the practice of inclusion and equity in the workplace.
Racial Justice Series
Learning experiences to support the development of a foundational understanding of the system of racial inequity, and what we can do to transform it.
Racial Justice Learning Resources
Connect with resources and opportunities for racial justice learning.
Gender Equity Programs
Amplify Madison funds professional development opportunities for teams of women that are passionate about collaboration and community impact.